Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 7

A picture of your most treasured item

As you can see, there is no picture for today's post. I tried to think of just one thing and nothing seemed good enough. I guess that's a good thing though, as I pray that I would always follow Christ's instruction in the Sermon on the Mount to:

"Not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
- Matthew 6:19-21

I earnestly pray that no possession, comfort, or security will ever stand in my way of proclaiming and hoping in Christ's return. I pray that I have the attitude of Paul who said:

"But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ."
- Philippians 3:7-8

May it all be garbage, so that I may gain Christ.




No comments:

Post a Comment