Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 6


A picture of a person you'd like to trade places with for a day

I've known Tara Makarechi, affectionally known by all of her friends as "T", for almost 11 years. I met her the summer before my senior year in high school when I went to Georgia Tech for an unofficial college visit. I quickly fell in love with her infectious personality and even though she "dirty rushed" me all weekend long, I knew I had to be a part of her life. She was my freshmen orientation leader (where I met Jordan and giggled with her about the cute "blue shirt boy"), my AXO Big Big Sister, and a dear friend.

Tara is by FAR the coolest person I know! Her style is a mix of J. Crew and Anthropologie and her wrist is always full of bracelets. She loves white queso and Georgia Tech basketball. She has choreographed (and danced) at the Dove Awards and plans birthday parties for Truett Cathy. She digs wells in Guatemala and guaranteed knew about Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest before anyone else. She probably invented it.

Her awesomeness aside, she loves the Lord deeply and passionately pursues His glory in everything that she does. Whether she is connecting dots or caring for her sister, she is serving her King. I don't get to see her as much as I would like, but when I do I am always encouraged. She lives out I Corinthians 10:31 better than anyone I know and I think it would be pretty awesome to trade places with her for a day (maybe a week)!

I love you T!

2 comments:

  1. So true are the kind words about your friend, Tara!!! Just know if you traded places for one day, you would be wonderfully exhausted !!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah!!
    I am soooo humbled...
    It's only bc of great blessings like you in my life that I am anything at all- seriously, praise God for you and your sweetness!

    Thanks for rocking my day, week, month and world by saying such gracious words- I love you so much, and I am truly inspired by what Christ is doing in and through you... I'd be honored to trade places with you for a week, but I think poor Baby Charlie may not make it through the day without his awesome mama.

    Love you so much- queso soon, please!!

    totally humbled and blessed,
    ~T

    ReplyDelete