Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 17

A picture of something that has had a huge impact on your life lately

The "Prince of Preachers", C.H. Spurgeon, once said "Train up a child in the way he should go - but be sure you go that way yourself." The old baptist preacher understood that for the Believer, parenthood isn't just about changing diapers, reading bedtime stories, and kissing boo-boos. He knew it was about sanctification (progressively looking more and more like Jesus).

Nothing could prepare me for the weight of parenthood and the self-reflection I have experienced the past 6 months. I have been more aware of my insecurities, idolatry, and shortcomings than ever before and have realized more than ever my need for the Gospel to work in my life daily! I can tell Charlie what to do, or I can model for him what a life of "living sacrifice" looks like. Will he see patience, generosity, humility, honesty, worship, truth, grace, forgiveness, contentment, and kindness? I pray that for the Lord's sake he will see it in me.

2 comments:

  1. Your a wonderful Momma!! Love you and miss you.

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know You and Jordan will be a reflection of His love and Charlie will see it everyday!!!

    ReplyDelete