Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 14

A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without

A journal entry from January 12, 2004 (written in the journal I gave Jordan at our wedding):

Last night on the way home from Augusta we talked the entire time. You must have said "you know" over 200 times. The silly thing is I do know you by now and every little quirk about you. I love how you can plan for two hours and in the end have no clue what will happen. As we said last night, next year will hold a lot - baseball, finishing school, and the wedding. In truth, we have no clue how the next year, 10 years, 100 years will pan out. But one thing is certain, and I hope we will both cling to this truth I read today.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways", declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than yours". - Isaiah 55:8-9

I look back over the 7 years since I wrote this and I could write the same thing today. We still don't have a clue what the next year, 10 years, or 100 years holds, but we are still holding on to God's truth. Jordan, I love you the most, and I can't imagine passing through with anyone else.

2 comments:

  1. Who knew that your life would have you where you are today with that blue shirt boy! I love how in love you two are. It makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daddy and I knew from the beginning that He was God's choice for you. I know that together you will both further the kingdom for Jesus Christ! We love you!

    ReplyDelete