Friday, January 22, 2010

My Best Friend's Wedding

Growing up the Rogers' house was always full of extras.... cousins, friends, foreign exchange students, mom's many God-children, and half the youth group. My sister and brothers, the "popular children", always had a house of friends. Even today, their friend count on Facebook is way more than mine (Beck=1058, Steven=1361, Matt=942, me=666). However, they don't have a "Beth"!

Beth and I met in smocked dresses in second grade Sunday school class at Warren Baptist Church. We've been through everything together - awful permed hair, glasses, G.A. trips to the nursing home (you Southern Baptist readers can relate to this one), Camp Hope, I Kissed Dating Goodbye, handbell choir, progressive dinners, youth trips, Europe, and much much more. I spent so much with Beth that my mom finally started calling her my "only friend". I didn't mind though because if I could only have one friend it would be Beth. She is loyal, dependable, forgiving, caring, and considerate. Plus she loves me for me!

This past Sunday I had the privilege of standing by her side as her Matron of Honor as she married her second best friend, Brian Simms (I let him think he is #1, but everyone knows it's still me)! We've been planning this day for 15 years....that's right, our first Bride's magazine was purchased in 1995 at the age of 12. And let's just say good thing Beth changed her mind on the bridesmaid's dresses! WHOA! The weekend in Asheville, NC, was wonderful..from the bridesmaid's luncheon, to Bluegrass and BBQ, the beautiful ceremony at Homewood, and the gorgeous reception at the Bohemian Hotel. It was a great time to celebrate friendship, marriage, and the beautiful life God has given us! I couldn't help but to praise Him for the gift of best friends! If you have a "Beth", you know what I mean.

Below are a few pictures from the weekend. Pictures 1, 2, and 4 were taken by my sweet friend Amber. And if anyone in the Charlotte or Augusta area is looking for a photographer, she's your lady!






5 comments:

  1. So true! I don't really know how I can be considered in the Rogers Clan but your words about friendship are so..IT! and I confirm your sayings about the magazines in 1995! With you two, I discovered Bride's Magazine and "a wedding story" followed by "a baby story", and so on all day long! lol
    What you have you two is wonderful and it's for life!
    btw Sarah, love your blog!
    miss you
    Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! So glad I have Beth too! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this!! I will have to say that Beth is very lucky to have YOU!!! I miss you little sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was So Sweet... Thank you For loving me (and now us) as much as you do!! Can't wait to see you again... I'm thinking a Girls Trip needs to be in the works! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete