Thursday, February 2, 2012

4/52

This past weekend I had the privilege of attending the Created for Care retreat with my friends Rachel & Claire in Atlanta. Created for Care is a non-profit organization that helps support families who are in the process of adopting or fostering children or have done so in the past. While Jordan and I aren't filling out paperwork just yet, we have always wanted to add to our family through adoption and the weekend was a great way to hear how God has changed families through adoption. In the meantime, we will be praying and encouraging Rachel and her husband Jesse as they anxiously await a referral for two sweet babies from Uganda. You can follow their story here and buy some super cute onesies here to support their adoption!

Other highlights from the week:
-Charlie and I hosted are first ever play group on Wednesday and it was a success! No one was injured and all toddlers left with a smile! :)
-I ate at some of my favorite restaurants in Atlanta! Jalisco, JTC Kitchen, Flying Biscuit & Flip Burger. YUM!
-I lost my phone at the airport. Not really a highlight, but a good reminder that I don't NEED information at my fingertips. It's amazing what the Lord will teach you through losing your phone.

Picture of the week:

Claire, Me, & Rachel at the Retreat




No comments:

Post a Comment