Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 24


A picture of something you wish you could change

I'm quick to see problems in the world around me. I hear statistics about people dying from preventable diseases, those that don't have access to clean water, and those that have never heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Too often though, I think about the problem, say a quick prayer, and move on with my life. MY LIFE. You know, the one that is the most important thing in the universe. HA!

Then the Lord gives me gentle reminders in his Word. The "ouch" verses that the Holy Spirit uses to convict, and to spur me towards good works in faith. Things like...

Matthew 25:45 - "T
ruly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

Matthew 10:39 - "Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."

This video that was sent to me a few months back was another (not so gentle) reminder that not all statistics are numbers. Some statistics in life are human souls, created in the image of an Almighty God, and it's about time that we (myself included) stop hiding behind our long list of excuses and do something about it!
Time to change some statistics!

No comments:

Post a Comment